Welcome to e-lefENT (e-learning for ENT) platform - a dedicated virtual learning environment of Otorhinolaryngology resources, designed by the specialty for training and revalidation in ENT.
The e-lefENT project developed with the initial support of the Department of Health is now owned by ENTUK and supported by an educational grant from Medtronic.
e-lefENT, aims to provide a rich, contemporary and high quality e-learning platform for Otolaryngologists, trainees and allied health professionals.
Ongoing central themes for the future strategy and development of e-lefENT include:
- The continued expansion and mapping of e-lefENT content to encompass all aspects of the Otolaryngology Intercollegiate Surgical Curriculum Programme (ISCP) supporting trainees working towards a UK Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
- Certified CPD learning zone module content commissioned and edited by a team of experts providing premium quality evidence-based content within Head and Neck, Laryngology, Otology, Rhinology and Facial Plastics.
- Collaboration with global partners through provision of virtual educational media to minimise disparities in high quality educational resource access. Currently, colleagues in just over 100 Hinari A and B countries have free access to the e-lefENT platform.
- Incorporation of state of the art virtual technology to enhance the learning experience.
- Expansion of e-lefENT content mapping to further core curricula in ENT including the Medical Licensing Assessment (MLA) and ENT GP with extended role (GPwER).
I wish to extend my thanks to all our contributors and the e-lefENT section editor team for their ongoing work and unwavering support. Finally, a special mention and thanks must go to those involved in the initial vision, construct and development of the e-lefENT platform.
e-lefENT Editor in chief