Blended learning is an approach to teaching and learning which combines and aligns learning undertaken in face-to-face sessions with learning opportunities created online.
New types of learning activities challenge our thinking as to how learning might be facilitated, creating new etiquettes of learning and teaching, and shifting the focus of control from the teacher to the learner.
The advantage of a blended learning strategy in Otolaryngology facilitates the use of information technology to augment the exisiting curriculum-based learning and the practical work-based application of knowledge.
The following component parts will be available within the e-lefENT project:
- Full provision of module related documents in electronic format
- The availability of regular formative assessment with feedback
- Opportunities to learn from each other collaboratively
- Electronic personal development planning
- The opportunity to revisit sessions and obtain a record of one's completed assessments